Pilar García explains how @1Password is built around privacy by design, cryptography, usability, and openness. Also, learn how to make $100k for reading some bad poetry. The catch? Gotta break into a 1Password Vault first!
Social media & website
Resources mentioned in episode
- Conor and Pilar frequently reference 1Password’s White Paper, which explains the security architecture and overall security philosophy of the company.
- Pilar mentioned the well known XKCD comic on password strength that popularized the comical phrase “correct horse battery staple”.
- 1Password’s Watchtower has many useful features related to monitoring the security of your account passwords and your use of two factor authentication (2FA).
- You can learn more about Troy Hunt’s Pwned Passwords API here and here. Also, check out Junade Ali’s post on the Cloudflare blog about why and how he proposed the Pwned Passwords API should use k-anonymity.
- Conor mentions the NIST special publication 800-63B, which contains password best practices.
- 1Password has a $100k bug bounty hosted on BugCrowd.
You can find the host of The All Things Auth Podcast on Twitter @conorgil.
Canonical URL: https://allthingsauth.com/podcast/008-pilar-garcia-of-1password.