Every 2 weeks, Conor hosts a conversation with creators, researchers, founders, and advocates who are working to improve the usability of security and privacy technologies.
Guests share what they are currently working on, how they got to where they are today, who they are trying to help, and what keeps them motivated to overcome challenges along the way.
The goal is for the rest of us to learn from their experiences and go on to promote usable security and privacy within our own projects and organizations.
Get episodes sent straight to your inbox!
Max shares the story of how he went from founding OkCupid to creating Keybase, a Slack-like app that allows average internet users to have end-to-end encrypted conversations and file sharing.
Alex Grinman explains how Krypton, their open source browser extension and mobile app, can turn the phone sitting in your pocket into a phishing resistant two factor authentication (2FA) security key.
Conor Patrick, co-founder of SoloKeys, shares the story of raising $125,000 on Kickstarter to build Solo, an open-source hardware security key for two factor authentication (2FA).
Michal Špaček, creator PasswordStorage project
Guest announcement! 🎉— Conor Gilsenan (@conorgil) June 3, 2019
Who: @spazef0rze , creator of @PasswordStorage
When: 🎙on June 7, live in July
- Grading how companies store #passwords securely (or not)
- The importance of public disclosure and how companies use it to their advantagehttps://t.co/OYHPUv77X4
Want to be a guest on the show? Have a great idea for an episode? Check out the ~300 word Guest Guide to get an idea of what is involved in being a guest and then get in touch at email@example.com!
Here are some of my ideas to connect with other creators, builders, researchers, and advocates who are working on creative solutions, products, and projects of all kinds that focus on moving usable security and privacy forward.
- Password managers, such as 1password, LastPass, Dashlane, Keeper, and many others.
- Multi factor authentication (MFA) focused solutions, such as Authy, Duo, SaasPass, Auth0, Yubico, SecureAuth, FreeOtp and many others.
- Enterprise identity management solutions, such as Okta, OneLogin.
- Companies building solutions and products using biometrics.
- The folks at the FIDO Alliance and others working on auth related specifications to move the industry forward.
- The creators of the EFF's Surveillance Self Defense project.
- The editors of Citizen Lab's Security Planner.
- Academics and general researchers!
- The Google Security, Privacy & Abuse Research team and many other organizations who have conducted surveys and run studies.
- Members of the security and privacy teams at any company smart/lucky enough to have such a team!
- Designers who preach the importance of UX in the context of security.
- Tech writers who have worked to improve how security concepts are communicated to end-users.
- Engineers who have built auth solutions that focused not only on the technical implementation, but also prioritized the user experience.
- Teams who have used customer behavior metrics to improve the security features in their service.
- ...and countless more that I cannot think of right now.
Please send any episode ideas/feedback/comments to firstname.lastname@example.org!